Tuesday, January 8, 2008

tips!

Today was my second day back to school and it has been so much fun! well, yesterday morning i had to do a three color weave on a lady who's hair was down to her butt! no kidding, well we weaved in some blond with a red brown color and then what was left out of foils we colored that with a darker warm brown. it turned out gorgeous, and she LOVED it!! Are you guys getting the picture? anyways when you get your hair done at a school you pay way way less then you would anywhere else. she most likely only had to pay maybe 35.00 for three colors. if you were to go to a regular salon that would have been around.. say 95-115.00. so yeah she was getting a total discount. anyways as student we are allowed to take tips if given. well I'm thinking this lady is going to be generous and give me a nice 5.00 tip. well she gets up and says thanks and then goes and pays for her color(s), then walks out the door! i was so mad and disappointed, i worked so hard and all i got was the satisfaction of doing a good job?!! that's a nice reward and all, but I'm a poor poor college girl! she should know that!

well the moral of this story is.. if you ever go to a restaurant or get your hair done please please tip them (except if they did an absolute horrible job and didn't even try). if its just a few dollars we'll take it.. (we'll take anything, serious!) so please put yourselves in our shoes and think how nice that would be to be shown how much you are appreciated. well gotta run. peace!

3 comments:

The Hyde's said...

Okay, so everyone know how cheap I am, but I would have given you a tip if I was getting a good deal.

Brandon and Camille Smithson said...

I thought you were always suppose to tip! Am I missing something. Anyhow, now that I know that you can do awesome things to hair, I may have to have you do my hair next time you are in town (or I'm up there). This new mom hasn't had her hair cut since July or dyed since I found out I was pregnant in April. Needless to say, it needs a little (or a lot) of attention!

Van Haren Family said...

Hey Mar!